For those looking to begin a vegan, and cruelty-free skincare regimen, below is my detailed nighttime skincare routine to achieve glowing skin. Obviously, each person’s skin has individuals requirements and reacts differently to select products. I have combination, acne-prone skin. So I use skincare products that benefit my specific skin type. This happens to be a routine that worked for me, and it can be modified depending on your individual skin needs.
MY NIGHTTIME ROUTINE
1. BEGIN BY APPLYING OF THE CLEANSING OIL TO A DRY FACE.
Gently rub product on skin using circular movements. Makeup should begin to dissolve.
2.WET HANDS AND THEN CONTINUE TO MASSAGE FACE UNTIL ALL TRACES OF MAKEUP SEEM DISSOLVED.
This should create a light foam.
3. RINSE THE PRODUCT OFF OF THE FACE ENTIRELY WITH WATER.
Cold or lukewarm water is preferred, as it is the most effective at removing dirt. Hot water can dry out your skin with excessive use.
4. APPLY YOUR SECOND CLEANSER (MINE IS A MILKY CLEANSER)
Wash off the rest of any excess oils and dirt.
4. PAT FACE WITH A WASHCLOTH.
Don’t rub! Only pat, but don’t pat your face completely dry so your skincare products can
9. PAT FACE DRY WITH A WASHCLOTH OF YOUR CHOICE.
Pat, don’t rub!
11. APPLY YOUR SERUM
I use Niacinamide or Retinol in the evening. Always pat your serum into the skin!
12. WAIT 3 MINUTES FOR THE SERUM TO WORK.
This allows the product to have a chance to effectively do it’s work before “mixing” it with another product.
13. APPLY YOUR MOISTURIZER
14. APPLY 2-3 DROPS OF FACIAL OIL TO YOUR HANDS AND GENTLY PAT PRODUCT ONTO FACE, AVOIDING EYE AREA
Note: Facial oils do stain clothing, so put on your clothes/pyjamas before you do your skincare routine!
16. WAIT A FEW MINUTES FOR ALL THE PRODUCT TO DRY. READY. GOOD NIGHT!